At ergoCentric, our sole mission is to design and manufacture the best ergonomic chairs in the world and we are recognized as North America’s premier manufacturer of high-quality ergonomic seating for office, specialty and healthcare environments.
ergoCentric seating is designed to be the most adjustable on the market by allowing us to fit 100% of our customers’ diverse workforce with the right seating solution. Our aim is that no one is forced to sit on a mass produced chair that is harmful to their health or reduces their productivity.
Check out our current job openings
At ergoCentric Seating Systems, our sole mission is to design and manufacture the best ergonomic chairs in the world and we are recognized as North America’s premier manufacturer of high-quality ergonomic seating for office, specialty and healthcare environments.
Most seating manufacturers take a “one-size-fits-all” approach to chair design which may fit many, but won’t fit everyone. ergoCentric believes that everyone should be comfortable and healthy at work and our build-to-order, modular manufacturing system allows us to fit every person with the perfect chair. With our always-in-stock inventory of modular components, we are able to make thousands of different chairs and we even modify specific components as required. This means that all employees can be sitting on seating with a streamlined aesthetic, with custom modifications to meet the needs of each individual.
ergoCentric’s head office and primary manufacturing facility is located in Mississauga, ON, Canada. Visit ergoCentric.com to learn more.
About the Position:
We are currently looking for full time sales associates with bright personalities who have the confidence, patience, and skills to explain several details on a wide range of custom ergonomic office products to the customers.
This is a full time position between 10-6 weekdays and with some weekend hours. We pay an hourly wage plus commission on everything you sell. Location of showroom is downtown Toronto.
The Sales Associate will be reporting to the Showroom Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Greet customers and determine their needs and wants
- Recommend products based on individual requirements
- Provide advice to customers regarding particular products
- Explain the use and advantage of product to customers
- Answer customers’ queries and concerns
- Demonstrate live working of products
- Provide quote prices, warranties and delivery dates
- Prepare sales contracts and accept payment through cash and credit card
- Assist in display of products
- Maintain sales records for inventory control
- Minimum 2 years of retail sales experience or ergonomic industry experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Outside sales experience with cold calling is an asset
- Polished, Sales oriented and Customer focused
- Ability to communicate with customers and store personnel; maneuver around sales floor, lift heavy objects, stretch, and bend; operate cash register and office computer
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which may require weekdays, evenings, and weekends
- Live in reasonable proximity to Toronto`s downtown core.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to by clicking the “Apply Here” button below.
ergoCentric is Canada’s premier ergonomic office seating manufacturer, producing the best office chairs in the world.
ergoCentric’s product quality is legendary and our modular manufacturing process focuses on the science of sitting. We are experiencing tremendous growth, evolving and continuously adding to the breadth and depth of our product line, allowing us to win more of the total office furniture purchase.
Reporting to the VP Marketing, the Marketing Manager position is responsible for developing and execution of all areas of the B2B and B2C Marketing Strategy for assigned products. This includes product and brand marketing as well as additional responsibilities as assigned.
Develop & Execute All Areas of the B2B & B2C Marketing Strategy
- Together with the Head of Marketing, builds the annual marketing plan, specifically: sales forecasts for each product (taking into consideration past history, market trends, competitive activity and required sales effort), allocation of expenses between products (taking into consideration stage in product life cycle, potential for future growth and profit contribution, potential competitors), required sales promotion programme (taking into consideration marketing strengths relative to competitors, selling opportunities and customers’ needs and attitudes) and the marketing materials needed to accomplish the goals.
- Gather and leverage data and deploy marketing research as required to deepen customer insight and understanding and improve ROI on marketing investment.
- Develop and execute marketing collateral and campaign development and launch plans.
- Financial management of the marketing programme including budget planning, resource allocation and required reporting.
- Work in conjunction with product development, sales and industry contacts to develop programmes and phase product trials to support marketing.
- Ensure the development of effective product use and marketing collateral to support both Sales and an extensive dealer network.
- Ensure effective team communication throughout the marketing department and with Sales and the entire organization through.
- Oversee the participation in North American tradeshows to ensure the proper messaging and relevant product presentation for assigned product categories.
- Brand communication in the form of digital marketing tactics and content leadership (not necessarily create, but manage the creation of). This includes but is not limited to blog posts, guest posting, infographics that are appropriate to our audience and place it in relevant websites/feeds across the web in order to drives links and traffic back to our site. Should have experience driving traffic via targeted keywords, link building and on page optimization. Know how content goes viral and how to connect with influential people in these networks.
- Copy Writing: you will create compelling headlines and understand how to motivate users by using effective call to actions.
- eMail Marketing: Be able to develop a content plan and execute through email and other means. Understand how to drive customer engagement and reconnect with customers using email. Be able to manage and segment lists over time. Work with the digital marketing specialist to optimize landing pages.
Other Related Activities
- Support sales team with required selling tactics and lead generation tactics.
- You have a good understanding of web analytics and how to make decisions based on the information you receive.
- Proven ability to successfully lead a team in supporting multiple market and product segments
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- High level of organization, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work with multiple teams
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and a working knowledge of graphic design software
- Background in furniture or other design/architectural products used for commercial interiors B2B marketing experience an asset
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Marketing preferred
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of marketing experience directly supporting sales strategies and market growth
- Bilingual in French is an asset
We’d love for you to have
- Experience in the Contract Furniture industry.
- An understanding of LEED, GreenGuard and BIFMA
- Flexibility, ability to handle rapid change gracefully – i.e., great stress management
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- A positive, proactive attitude towards opportunities and potential problems
- Be passionate!
We would like to thank candidates who submit their resume for this position. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected] to provide your contact information. Human Resources will contact you within 48 hours. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
ergoCentric is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code. Please send resumes to [email protected]
ergoCentric is an inclusive employer. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. ergoCentric will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.